Dr. Sean Barrett was the Technical and Wave Resource Analyst on the 1MW Greenwave Commercial Demonstrator Project, which was part funded by the Australian Government. As part of the engineering team, Sean had the following responsibilities:
- Coordinated development consent which included grid connection and environmental consents at state and federal level.
- Developed, managed and implemented a third party verified community consultation plan.
- Prepared, maintained and managed project schedules, risk register and interface schedules.
- Numerical Modelling & Financial Modelling
- Ocean energy feasibility studies, wave resource assessments and scaled physical model testing.
- Coordinated and supervised on and offshore environmental and geological surveys.
- Represented the CEO at various conferences, meetings and industry workshops.
- Reporting – Board of Directors/Government Agencies/Investors/Clients
All consents for the project were approved within 6 months of submission and the project had an 80% community support rating. This was achieved by a proactive approach to consultation with stakeholders and the community by Sean.